Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Crazy (Picture) Accident

Last night we were on the edge of a huge lightening/thunder storm. I don't think it directly hit us but the lightening was spectacular! The sky was constantly lit up and every once in a while you would catch these serious lightening bolts. My camera happened to be sitting on the bench next to the door and I decided to try and take some pictures. I thought I probably wouldn't get anything as I don't have a tripod and I didn't want to actually venture outside. I think I set my camera to some crazy settings, all hoping that I could get the fastest shutter speed possible...which still seemed like eternity. I clicked this one and had been holding my camera "steady" for aforementioned eternity and this lightening bolt happened just at the right time. I could not believe that I actually captured it!!! It is far from an award winning picture but I think the subject is so amazing and powerful and rarely do you get the chance to see it in a snapshot! Look at the sizzle!!!!

No comments: